Striped Paper Straw Wreath Tutorial
Here’s how to make one:
Dollar store Foam Wreath (is what I used)
Ribbon to wrap around the outside of the wreath
Striped Straws (I used about 75 straws – it will depend on how wide your wreath is) — I bought mine through Modern Palm Boutique.
Hot glue and glue gun
Ribbon for the bow
Here’s what I did:
1. I wrapped the wreath with some wide ribbon, overlapping and hot glued the ends down.
2. Then I trimmed half of the straws — 1/3 off the ends with scissors.
3. I hot glued each straw on, alternating between the long and shorter straws. I held each straw parallel to the wreath so they laid flat and uniform.
4. I tied a bow and hot glued it onto the wreath and added a little glittered snowflake.
5. To hang up the wreath, I hot glued a little piece of twine on the back of the wreath, making a little loop.