4 Things to Consider When Buying an Air Conditioning Unit For Your Home
If you live in a hot, humid climate, investing in a quality air conditioning unit is a must. It is considered the heart of every home’s HVAC system, promoting pure comfort. Even if you have a cold climate today, summertime will soon strike, so you should be prepared to conquer the heat.
It’s frustrating if your air conditioning unit suddenly stops working. You can always contact a professional to repair it, like a technician from Spartan Air Conditioning. However, when it is beyond repair, it’s time to buy a new one, and you need to make a smart choice.
What are the features that you need to check when buying an air conditioner? Do you need a portable AC or a fixed one? What’s the size and power you need?
Find out the essential things that you need to consider when buying an air conditioning unit for your home.
It’ important to choose the right air conditioning unit that will work for the region of the United States where you live. Luckily, there’s a wide range of efficient air conditioning solutions today that can adjust well to differentiating environmental temperatures, so you don’t have to sweat when the temperature hits record heats. During this time is when your air conditioning system is working its hardest and the most likely time it will fail.
Here are your AC options:
- Hot places. Choose an air conditioning system with an advanced technology, automatic defrost cycle, that will absorb heat from the indoors and dissipate it outdoors for a cooler home. Even if the temperature drops negative degrees, you will still stay warm and cozy.
- Cool places. Choose a reverse cycle one to both cold and heat your home. The heat is absorbed outdoors to warm the air inside efficiently.
2.Type of Air Conditioning System
Different AC systems come with different features and benefits. Whether you like a split system, portable, or a packaged unit, you need to be aware of the differences before buying a new one to get the best value for your money.
Here are the types of it:
- Split System Air Conditioner.
It is considered the most effective type of air conditioning types. It consists of two units, wherein one unit is installed outside your home, and the other is located indoors. It is recommended to cool larger rooms, quieter, more efficient, more powerful, and include extra features (e.g., air ionizer, built-in WiFi).
- Multi-Split Air Conditioning System.
This type gives you the flexibility to control the temperature in each room individually. A single outdoor unit is used, and you can connect several indoor units. Just select the perfect indoor unit that blends best with your home’s décor (e.g., wall mounted, bulkhead, floor standing, ceiling suspended units, and cassettes.)
- Window or Wall Air Conditioner.
It is a more affordable alternative to a split system air conditioner. It is perfect for controlling the temperature in a confined space or a single room. It can be extremely effective and efficient. It is easy to install and comes with several useful features (e.g., air ionizer, timers, remote control).
- Portable Air Conditioner.
It is perfect in regulating room temperature in a confined space or a single room. It does not require installation, and it’s compact, lightweight, and easy-to-move.
- Ducted Air Conditioning System.
It consists of an outdoor and indoor unit to provide comfort throughout the home. Its installation requires an air conditioning and plumbing expert.
3.Size, Style, and Power
There’s a big difference in the sizes, styles, and power of air conditioners. Not all units are created equal. Don’t waste energy and choose the right one based on the following factors:
- Room size. The larger the area or, the wider the room, the higher the air conditioner capacity is required.
- Insulation. If you have a good insulation in the ceilings and walls, then the lower air conditioner capacity is required.
- Window size. Larger windows need a larger capacity system because the room is less insulated.
- Aspect. Because of the sun’s influence, rooms facing the east or west require a different capacity air conditioner as compared to those rooms facing the north.
- Climate. If your home is built near the coast, it will require a different capacity of the air conditioner as compared to cities or inland suburbs.
Get an extra level of comfort and convenience with the best features of air conditioner units today. Now, you can set the temperature in your home using your smartphone through your AC’s WiFi connectivity.
A sensor helps saves energy, switching it to the efficient mode when people leave the room. Also, you might consider investing in a whisper-quiet air conditioning unit for undisturbed rest and sleep.
It’s also crucial to check the energy efficiency of the air conditioning unit to save you from your electricity bills. Enjoy the comfort of what a new AC unit brings, with long-term benefits such as fresher air and low-cost operation.
Shannon Adams is a content marketer that specializes in business, education, home improvement and technology. He is a content marketer by day and a family man by night. Family is not an important thing, it’s everything. Michael J. Fox